The students at Guildford Public School used Daniel and William’s talk today as inspiration to commence their own investigation/projects utilising the Tears in the Jungle – Stage 2 sustainability conceptual unit by the Department of Education.
The students had some amazing questions for the boys (and we have included some answers here);
- Why are orangutans orange?
- Why are orangutans endangered more than other apes?
- Why do Sumatran Orangutans have longer hair than the Bornean Orangutans?
- How much food do orangutans eat per day?
- Orangutans eat up to 25 different types of food each day with males eating around 7 items daily and females consuming 9 items ranging from durian fruit to tiny figs.
- How can you adopt an orangutan?
- The boys spoke to the students about the The Orangutan Project’s website where they can adopt an orangutan for their class or even their own family.